Salary Range: $70K - $85K
We are the premier full-service precision dimensional measurement and inspection laboratory providing a wide array of quality dimensional measurement services. Our customers are leaders in the high technology, medical, defense, automotive, and aerospace sectors. We are currently seeking an experienced and knowledgeable CMM Programmer / Quality Inspector for multiple shifts.
The candidate will write DCC-CMM programs and perform dimensional measurement and inspection of a large variety of manufactured components using primarily DCC-CMMs and a wide array of other high-end metrology equipment. Candidate will work in a demanding, high-tech, fast-paced, environment where accuracy and quality are the highest priority.
- Accurate blueprint reading and interpretation for many types of manufacturing and many different industries.
- Write DCC-CMM programs both online and offline on systems with a variety of contact and non-contact sensors.
- Dimensional measurement and inspection using DCC-CMMs and a variety of other metrology equipment and hand-tools.
- Dimensional inspection to drawings, procedures and customer specifications.
- Generate and methodically review professional reports of measurement results.
- Assist and support other Inspectors with dimensional measurement and inspection challenges.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Quality Inspector
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience operating a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- Minimum of 5 years programming a DCC-CMM
- Excellent knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5
- Working knowledge of various and common CMM software such as Calypso (preferred), and additional programs (PC-DMIS, MCOSMOS, QC-5000, and GeoPak 2100)
- Experience with Vision Systems and 3D Scanners preferred but not essential
- Dimensional measurement and inspection using a variety of precision instruments
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel to post process program runs into reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work with little supervision
- Resourceful and creative problem solver