Salary: £80,000.00 - £100,000.00 + bonus
We are currently recruiting for a qualified Attorney to support our business in the Europe, Middle East and Africa region. This position can be based near any of our significant offices in Europe namely Ireland, the United Kingdom, Madrid, Spain or Brussels, Belgium. The Attorney role will be under the direction of the EMEA Managing Corporate Counsel and will provide legal counsel, advice and guidance for the Company’s operations primarily in the southern and western European region. The role will provide support for various legal matters arising across the region, which will include commercial, legal compliance (encompassing anti-corruption, competition, trade, privacy and other applicable law), labour and employment, corporate secretarial, environmental, real estate, and other general legal matters.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be an effective business partner.
- Advise and collaborate with business teams and other support functions on a wide range of legal issues, including commercial, employment, real estate and corporate.
- Coordinate with other corporate functions to ensure that a consistent and risk-based approach to each of the relevant area’s is implemented IN EMEA.
- Advise key stakeholders on contracting with customers, suppliers and other third parties, including drafting, review and analysis of contractual terms.
- Provide legal support for the Company’s Human Resources organization with respect to matters arising in the EMEA region.
- Develop strategies for contracting with customers, suppliers and other third parties that maximize contractual benefits and minimize risk.
- Analyse and resolve warranty, pricing and other disputes with customers, suppliers and other third parties.
- As a member of the global Legal and Compliance organization, provide legal support to all functions and businesses, contribute to best practices, training and our approach to diverse topics and policies such as anti-bribery laws, data protection, fair competition and whistleblowing.
- Qualified lawyer in at least one jurisdiction (UK/Europe) with at least 3 years post-qualification experience.
- Fluent English and the ability to work in at least 2 other European languages (French and Italian preferred).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years relevant experience within a multi-national In-house legal environment and/or a law firm.
- Training within an international law firm and demonstrable experience with international contracts and employment issues within both civil law and common law jurisdictions.
- In-house experience, preferably within a large multi-national company.
- Strong team player with collegiate approach, ready to assist other legal colleagues and business areas.
- Strong organizational and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently on competing priorities with limited supervision required.
- Domestic and international travel.
- Ability to work effectively with and manage outside legal counsel.