Salary Range: £120,000 – £150,000 GBP + Commission
A Director of Business Development (DBD) is responsible for developing and closing a targeted list of new logo business in their respective domain to meet assigned quotas.
The DBD directs business development and sales activities with prospective clients and is accountable for the client relationship from deal conception to closing. Responsible for selling across the suite of services, including digital transformation, IT, customer engagement, and business process transformation services. He/She also participates in the discreet handoff and subsequent evolution of the client relationship with the Client Partner.
The DBD establishes and maintains consultative sales relationships within each prospective client organization at every level from the chief executive team to departmental managers.
This individual leverages his/her domain, technical, digital and operational business knowledge to create demand and persuade prospective clients through the development and presentation of compelling value propositions and purchasing rationales.
The DBD will thoroughly understand the prospective client’s business, both strategic and tactical, including themes and underlying issues, and will align with our current and future capabilities to create client opportunity and solve business problems.
Experience and Competency Requirements
- Must have experience selling similar service offerings (i.e. digital transformation, IT, customer engagement, and business process transformation services).
- Must have proven experience opening and closing deals.
- Must have strong domain knowledge and experience in the [insert target industry(ies) here] industry.
- Must be able to sell global delivery solutions that leverage our high profit sites such as India and the Philippines.
- Experience working for a global consulting firm is a plus.
- Must have highly developed selling, customer relations and negotiation skills with the ability to effectively consult and influence chief executives. Ability to provide verifiable client references.
- Must demonstrate consecutive quarterly and yearly quota achievement in complex selling environments utilizing a solution selling model.
- Must have very good understanding of new emerging technologies and leading business trends.
- Must have strong problem-solving ability with the aptitude to identify strategic solutions to business problems with enterprise-wide implications.
- Must demonstrate flexibility to work among diverse corporate environments, industries and technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be capable of multitasking with rapidly changing priorities and manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to develop, execute, lead, and maintain complex projects, programs, and assignments.
- The DBD’s performance and actions must be perfectly aligned with our core competencies and values
- Minimum of 7 years of business development experience, with a minimum of 3 years as a Hunter
- Minimum of 5 years experience selling services, not products, to European Retailers
- Experience selling RPA and Analytics
- Minimum 7 years selling into the Retail industry
- Business Process Outsourcing
- IT Services (NOT Infrastructure) - App Dev, Product Engineering, Cloud transformation