Salary: $52,000 - $55,000
Our Mental Health teams make lasting changes in the lives of offenders, as we set the standards of care in the industry. This is your opportunity to make a satisfying career even more rewarding. We is currently seeking Mental Health Specialists who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Mental Health Specialist is responsible for assists in the development, implementation, monitoring and documentation of mental health treatment plans and services.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Conducts mental health screenings and assessments based on a review of available records, and clinical interviews with inmates.
- As part of a mental health team, confers with other clinical staff, e.g., psychiatrists, psychologists, mental health service provider's physicians, nurse, and social workers, in order to gather and provide information concerning patient psychological problems, to ensure treatment activities are well integrated and patient care follow-through occurs.
- Provides treatment to inmates by developing, implementing and modifying individual treatment plans based on an evaluation of needs and level of functioning.
- Documents treatment and evaluation activities in the health care record for each person seen.
- Consults with and makes appropriate recommendations to multidisciplinary staff (e.g., security staff, unit staff, and facility management) regards behavior and mental health issues affecting inmates.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of sensitive materials and information at all times.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of psychological counseling theory and techniques by way of treatments and activities used for individuals in caseload.
- Provides appropriate mental health assessments, counseling and confrontation avoidance interventions to address the needs of inmates in crisis.
- Administrators mental status exams or uses other psychological tests and instruments as necessary to evaluate inmates' treatment, adjustment, and placement needs.
Graduate from an accredited college or university with a degree in social or behavioral science or a closely related field required.
One year experience where the primary responsibility was provision of mental health or counseling services.
Must possess current LSW, LPC, LCSW or Psych Nurse (RN) licensing in Ohio.
A valid driver's license is required.
Must be 21 years of age
Nice to have:
Current or previous employ of a federal, state or local government