Nurse Manager, Endoscopy – Boston, MA
Base salary: $130.000.00 - $145,000.00
We are a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, we are committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all—and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England.
Position: Nurse Manager
Responsible for the planning and implementation of the clinically based activities. Will identify opportunities for improvement, establish expectations, seek solutions and establish monitoring and evaluating strategies. Performs the quality review process in compliance with performance improvement plans, regulations, and standards.
BSN required; Master’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Licensed to practice professional nursing as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience. Must have 1+ year(s) recent clinical experience in the assigned specialty.
- Broad-based health care operational experience; Demonstrated knowledge of various health systems and cost reduction strategies.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills appropriate to the patient populations served.
- Self-directed, self-starter, and able to implement new programs.
- Demonstrated ability as an effective leader.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of adult learning to provide education to staff, physicians, and auxiliary staff.
- Analytical ability to solve clinical nursing issues and conduct quality improvement and research projects.
- Organizational skills to set priorities and efficiently complete assigned workload.
- Physical ability to meet core job responsibilities following practice setting demands for the patient populations regularly served
- Ability to manage stress due to critical patient care issues, changing organizational climate, and personnel issues.
- Multi-lingual skills (beyond that of English) in languages appropriate to patient populations served by the Medical Center is highly desirable.
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience
- Must have 1+ years of recent clinical experience in Endoscopy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required