Salary: $150,000.00 - $205,000.00
Education: Graduate of a school of perfusion technology; Bachelors degree
- Licensed as a Perfusionist in the State of Texas
- Board Certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Completion of management/leadership training programs as designated by the institution within first year of employment
- Ongoing management/leadership training programs as designated by organization’s leadership
- Five (5) or more years experience in clinical area of practice
- Three (3) or more years supervisory or management experience
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one organization.
- May be responsible for the day-to-day supervisory operations of the perfusion department.
- Duties may include: perfusionist function and clinical and personnel problem-solving.
- Formulates and ensures optimal patient outcomes and customer satisfaction through ongoing performance initiatives with multidisciplinary teams according to the age/needs of the patient/population served.
- Participation in department, hospital and/or system-based committees and performance improvement initiatives.
- Supervises monthly financial, operational, and clinical services to ensure adequate staffing and scheduling; screens and selects staff, establishing appropriate level of compensation.
- Addresses performance issues and takes corrective action as necessary; conducts performance reviews in a timely and effective manner.
- Establishes credibility with physicians, management team members, and outside business partners and customers.
- Participates in a systemic, interdisciplinary, and ongoing evaluation of programs, process improvement, desired client-centered outcomes, and organizational outcomes.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all of our policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Graduate of a school of perfusion technology
Licensed as a Perfusionist in the State of Texas
Board Certification by the American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion
Five (5) or more years experience in clinical area of practice
Three (3) or more years supervisory or management experience
Nice to Have:
Complex Perfusion in a large trauma hospital.