Salary: $125,000 - $130,000
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling operation of two paper machine departments and supporting functions as assigned. The objective to manufacture the most economical quality product to meet customer requirements while maintaining plant and equipment in good condition and maintaining a desirable level of employee morale and performance. Must be a role model in Safety and Quality and hold these two aspects in the highest regard.
• Responsible for meeting T.I.R. goals.
• Attends all safety meetings - leads and reviews meetings as necessary.
• Responsible for housekeeping, directing the training of each employee under his supervision, and ensuring that each direct report provides all necessary safety training to employees.
• Responsible for meeting Quality goals such as CSR's and return sales.
• Contributes to sound customer relationships through a variety of methods including visits to customer plants.
• Establishes an environment fostering continuous improvement, involvement, teamwork, and external customer focus by agreeing upon goals, communicating providing training, resources, equipment, encouragement, and displaying the to make fact-based decisions. Collaborates with direct reports, employees, and suppliers, based on customer-driven priorities, to solve problems and improve and services.
• Assists in the setting of direct report's objectives, reviews their performance, and counsels them regarding strengths, areas needing improvement, and career development.
• Maintains effective relationships with employees, customers, and the community.
• Maintains desirable level of employee morale and performance and insures uniform application of union contract, policies, and programs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Excellent organizational and communication (verbal, presentation, and written) skills
• 5 years of working in a paper mill
• Must have Production/Operations Management experience in a paper mill. Not maintenance backgrounds.
Relocation Package - Full