Salary Range: $70K to $90K
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for a VBA Developer / In-House IT Assistant Full-Time Position.
The candidate will have advance knowledge and experience in building databases using Access, Excel, VB Script, and VBA. Candidate must have experience with building multi-tier databases with front and back-end interfaces. It is helpful to have SQL experience and be comfortable with a paired coding environment.
This candidate will also facilitate in the day to day IT functions. Duties include configuring hardware and software, setting up peripherals such as printers or routers, repairing equipment, and providing daily technical support for computer network users.
The candidate must be a self-starter who is self-motivated, detail oriented, self-sufficient, multi-tasker, and has excellent time management skills.
- Create, modify, and maintain existing Access and SQL databases
- Design and develop database objects, tables, stored procedures, views and triggers
- Manage merge of database code as required
- Work with CEO to understand data collection, storage, and reporting needs
- Analyze existing business processes and database to develop new opportunities for business improvement and enhancements
- Implement and validate improvements to system
- Perform system testing of new releases and provide detailed test results for feedback to management team
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- When users complain about the performance of a particular query, help developers improve the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes
- Act as the primary support for IT needs by providing desktop/laptop/tablet support to Users and assisting with IT tasks such as:
- Help Employees with All IT Matters
- Physical Hardware Fixes
- Complete setup and deployment of all new Computers and Users (Onboarding)
- Connect to Domain, Printers, etc.
- Miscellaneous IT duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Three to five years of IT service experience
- Expert level of experience with database structures and functionality (SQL Server, MS Access, InfoPath, etc.)
- Expert level of experience with database querying and programming (T-SQL, Access VBA, etc.)
- Ability to create dynamic reports based on multiple data sources
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills, along with ability to develop, evaluate and implement business rules
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.