Salary: $95,000 - $105,000
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Remote Position
JOB SUMMARY: The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for meeting or exceeding the territory’s orders budget, discovering and closing new opportunities and customers, while cultivating a relationship and assessing their needs. Once these needs are determined, the Senior Regional Sales Manager is responsible for taking them through the sales process working with the appropriate product line personnel to capture the business. Additionally, this position is responsible for presenting further business opportunities with current customers and supporting existing business. The Senior Regional Sales Manager will work closely with the Area Sales Director, territory’s sales representatives, authorized distributors and factory personnel to develop a sales funnel to position the region to meet corporate goals. The Senior Regional Sales Manager will be required to sell all products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide support as needed to customers, representatives and product line personnel to develop a robust sales pipeline; promote /develop new products and frame the competitive landscape of the territory.
• Understand the territory’s customers, competitors, markets and our capabilities to target new opportunities. Obtain customer feedback for new product idea generation.
• Develop and execute key account development plans to promote growth within region.
• Generate opportunity capture plans with product line personnel along with strategies to increase the win probability of significant opportunities.
• Develop strong working relationships with customers, representatives and product line personnel to facilitate the capture of new opportunities.
• In conjunction with the Area Sales Director and Product Line Leads - contribute in the formulation of the sales ‘bookings’ plan.
• Plan visit campaigns to maximize number of contacts and efficiency of travel
• Work closely with applicable product based sales managers and sales channels as well as market sales leads
• Ensure New Business Generation Targets are achieved
• Produce company reports, as required.
• Create and Maintain opportunities for area of responsibility in CRM system.
• Provide accurate and timely monthly forecasts for area of responsibility
• Assist with the company marketing and sales promotion activities, seminars, trade shows etc.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage representatives to meet sales goals and obtain required administrative information.
• Review and approve monthly commissions. Provide administrative reporting as required.
• Effectively interface with internal personnel, customers and representatives to champion and win new business and secure existing business.
• Improve / maintain account status for key accounts in area of responsibility
• Gain critical intelligence regarding new business opportunities to increase Pwin and best support customer needs.
• Must be able to articulate customers’ needs to product lines to facilitate new product and product derivative discussions.
• Perform back-up, training and other duties as requested
• Education: Bachelor's Degree
• Experience Years: 5-8 years
• Experience Type: Defense, Space, Wireless/Telecom, Industrial
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: See Below:
• Ability to scout & capture new business opportunities.
• Detailed & excellent follow up skills to provide the necessary follow up actions on open opportunities & issues.
• Ability to develop strong working relationships with customers, partners and BU personnel to facilitate the capture of new opportunities as well as provide with technology/product trends for innovation.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to sell & promote to both external & internal customers.
• Fluent in English
• Proficient with CRM platforms and usage
• Ability to travel a minimum of 50%
• Sales Experience related to RF/Microwave and/or EMI products
• Experience working with main defense prime contractors or from military service/defense prime contractors
Background with electronic systems or component sales
Experience with B2B sales, as hunter, not only utilizing distribution channels
Strong technical background, preferably an engineering degree
Nice to have:
Experience with RF/Microwave Components
Experience with government and defense-based sales
Experience working with US-based company
Electrical Engineering Degree