Salary: $125,000 - $150,000
The Revenue Cycle Director is responsible for all areas of Patient Access, liaison with ancillary departments regarding hospital charges, monitoring DNFB report for delinquency in HIM coding, and working closely with Case Management. The Director will maintain a good working relationship with the medical clinics to ensure clear communication with the facility. Effectively interacts with patients, other health team members, and physicians while maintaining a standard of professionalism. The Revenue Cycle Director is the liaison with the CBO providing any support needed to produce accurate and timely billing for processing hospital A/R.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
1. Three to five years of Hospital Revenue Cycle Management –Required
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
3. Strong analytical skills required
4. Advanced computer skills required
5. Strong knowledge of health plan requirements
6. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage all aspects of Patient Access including preregistration, insurance verification, point-of-service collections, financial counseling, and registration ensure timely processing and patient flow.
2. Performs all department functions, as necessary.
3. Assists staff in resolving department problems.
4. Completes all employee evaluations timely.
5. Monitors employee attendance; insures employees attend Mandatory Education and other programs or training as required by the facility
6. Provides timely responses to Administrative/other requests.
7. Monitor DNFB and resolve all bill holds by working directly with the appropriate departments (HIM, Admitting and Case Management).
8. Assures department staff is scheduled according to department policies.
9. Track late charges and assist ancillary departments with process improvement for timely charge entry.
10. Supervise Cashier, Eligibility worker, and other support staff functions as applicable.
11. Assures complete, accurate payroll are submitted at designated times.
12. Demonstrates 24-houraccountability for department needs.
13. Effectively communicates with staff, peers and departments.
14. Analyzes monthly reports and identifies interventions as appropriate.
15. Identifies problems and counsels’ staff in a timely and equitable manner.
16. Documents all counseling/disciplinary activities according to Human Resources policies and procedures.
17. Reviews role expectations for prospective employees during the interview process using job description, department standards and policies
18. Ensure timely posting of payments and cash reconciliation
19. Ensures daily bank deposit is accurate and complete
20. Provides cash receipts and reports to CBO as applicable.
21. Coordinate payment arrangements with patients as needed
22. Assists with charity application process.
23. Collaborates with clinics and or provider offices to ensure efficient flow of accurate patient information
24. Provide reports to CBO, Finance, and Administration as needed.
25. Performs all other duties as assigned or required