Salary: $165,000 - $185,000.00
We hire people who are curious, resilient, and want to make a difference. We design and manufacture technology that explores space, protects soldiers, and saves lives. Our high-performance components, assemblies, and subsystems are used inside mission critical environments; such as, the space station, fighter jets, and embedded medical devices.
Summary: Site Engineering Manager, managing a team of 8 engineers and responsible for the I/W sub-system and complex attenuator product line.
• Design engineer technologies include: Single and Multi-channel RF/Microwave Programmable Attenuators, Phase Shifters, and Switch Matrices. RF/Microwave signal distribution and routing subsystems for test and measurement, simulation and emulation applications.
• In partnership with the Product Line Director (PLD) develop and execute a technology and product road map aligned with the company’s top customers and product line growth strategy enabling the business to profitably expand in general market and custom design bid wins for commercial, military and designs.
• Responsible for sustaining existing product offering while leading efforts to improve cost and manufacturability through first pass yield improvements
• Engineering responsibilities include hardware electrical design, mechanical engineering design and documentation, configuration control, control development (embedded hardware/software), and technology staging R&D project identification and execution.
• Direct customer technical engagement to develop customer and market driven technology roadmaps in partnership with the product line PLM function.
• Integrate functional excellence best practices for software design, advanced manufacturing engineering (DFM, APQP) and test design practices and NPI management operating system discipline and execution.
• Markets we service are military/defense, aerospace, and commercial wireless telecommunication.
• Custom device design to complex bid specification is a critical capability leveraging a portfolio of technologies across the firm.
• Responsible for Test Engineering and Support of production test methods and procedures
• Responsible for the staffing, supervision and development of engineering personnel. Provides feedback and coaching to engineering personnel.
• Organizes and controls all technical engineering projects
• Plans for the development of new products and processes driven by customer needs and specifications and monitors progress based on development goals.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field AND
• Experience Years: 8-10 years of experience in RF/Microwave engineering OR
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with Electronic Test Equipment, Production Equipment, and RF analysis
• Ability to manage across matrix business functions and drive alignment across organizations.
• Experience with change management in a technical environment for new product development.
• Ability to work with technical engineering design staff and integrate with new manufacturing 2.0 design platform execution.
• Strong cross functional experience in test, manufacturing, sourcing, design, and operations enabling an integrated test design process to launch new products.
• A mix of defense and commercial experience required
Direct Reports: 8 engineering direct reports
• This is an office-based position.
• Travel required to support projects at multiple sites and customer visits
Background with RF Integrated-Microwave Assemblies or systems (preference on sub-assemblies over system)
Engineering Management experience (site EM leader)
Experience with Electronic Test Equipment, Production Equipment, and RF analysis
Background with firmware programming for hardware products, preference towards Linux