Salary: €50,000.00 - €55,000.00
This is a full time Application Support Engineer, supporting online customer facing applications and well as internal systems.
• Strong UNIX / Linux skills command line interface (4+ years).
• Strong Windows skills (4+years)
• Apache and Tomcat administration/configuration skills (4+ years).
• Experienced in supporting and troubleshooting applications and related issues. (3+ years).
• Experienced with administration/configuration of Java, Apache, and Tomcat applications.
• Knowledgeable in various monitoring tools: Truesight, DataDog, xymon/Nagios, …
• Solid working knowledge and troubleshooting experience of Internet technologies such as TCP / IP protocols, DNS, HTTP protocol, proxy servers and load balancing technologies.
• Ability to write effective Bash/Korn shell (and perl/python) scripts to automate procedures and workflow.
• Understanding of multi-tiered web application architecture.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
• Ability to demonstrate creative thinking, advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
• Ability to work a rotating 7X24 on-call schedule.
• Ability to coordinate and work effectively with various teams across the world, including the United States, England, Belgium, and India.
• Flexible and easily adaptable to change.
• Ability to multi-task with regular interruptions.
• Having a feeling for working in a production environment and follow up of operational daily/weekly/… tasks.
• Experience with cloud services (AWS) is a plus
• Knowledge of WebSphere MQ, WebSphere Application Server and Elastic Search is a plus
• Primary focus to be on the business unit. Supporting, troubleshooting and maintaining our Full Search and Watch Product currently deployed in London (UK) and our online platform SERION, deployed in Virginia (US) and AWS.
• Developing and enhancing scripts to support the International Full Search process
• Providing level 1 and level 2 supports for all customer related issues reported and escalated by global customer support adhering to current established SLAs.
• Coordinating and collaborating with business stakeholders on various issues and projects.
• Partnering and working with data center operation and technology teams on resolving tactical infrastructure issues and completing strategic projects.
• Working with both offshore and onshore teams in all aspects of operations, release management and product support.
• Follow up and working on operational tasks, part of larger business flows.
• Participating in a 7x24 rotating support operations.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related technical degree or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dutch
• 5+ years of IT experience preferably as a system administrator or software engineer or as an operational/product support engineer in a dynamic 24x7 environment.
• Bash/Korn shell scripting
• Experience with or knowledge of high availability for applications (incl. load balancers like A10).
• Experience using ServiceNow, JIRA, GitHub, Gradle, ...
5+ years of IT experience preferably as a system administrator or software engineer or as an operational/product support engineer in a dynamic 24x7 environment.
Bash/Korn shell scripting
Strong UNIX / Linux skills command line interface (4+ years)
Apache and Tomcat administration/configuration skills (4+ years).
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dutch