Who We’re Looking For
With a background in data modeling and building robust data pipelines, the Senior Data Engineer will act as the team’s voice of data integrity and reliability and will work to drive adoption of data management standards throughout the organization. This position reports to the Data Engineering Manager.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Makes key contributions to defining our data strategy. Along with planning, writing, and deploying data pipelines, is responsible for unit testing, and championing reliability and security while quickly delivering value to the business.
- Works with other agile delivery team members to design, implement, and optimize data pipelines, data processing, and other data needs.
- As a data team member, leans on using functional programming practices and performs end-to-end data testing.
- Applies understanding of data engineering methodologies, processes, and tools to create a unified experience across a variety of platforms and devices for a global audience.
- Communicates effectively with tech and non-tech members and is capable of delivering feedback to peers and their lead.
- Assists squad with estimation and prioritization of data efforts.
- Actively engages with members across the organization to design and deploy useful data services.
- Coaches and mentors’ other data engineers by providing recommendations, technical oversight, reviews, and feedback.
- Capable of delivering data pipelines and architecture from technical design to launch with little oversight.
- Collaborates closely with the Business and with other Engineering Teams to quickly deliver high quality products that maximize value to our ecosystem.
- 10+ years of data engineering experience
- Experience building and deploying ETL pipelines and data modeling, and databases
- Experience with orchestration tools (Airflow, Luigi, etc)
- Experience with languages such as SQL and Python
- Thorough understanding of data technologies such as Spark, Kafka, and Kafka Connect
- Familiarity with AWS services such as S3, Redshift, EKS / Kubernetes, and Personalize
- Familiarity with data analysis, warehousing, and visualization
- Thoroughly understands the business vision, mission, and strategy and how their code supports and affects business outcomes.
- Shows initiative and seeks evidence in data to support ideas.
Great to have:
- Experience with handling data lineage, data quality, and data discoverability
- Experience with change data capture (CDC) tools such as Debezium, Hudi, etc
- Strong understanding of data security and privacy
- 2+ years of experience working in Agile/Scrum/Kanban teams
- Experience with business intelligence tools (Tableau, Superset, etc)
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, or equivalent technical work experience
What We Provide
- Competitive compensation: salary, plus performance-related bonus program
- 401(k) with employer match
- 100% company-paid medical and dental insurance benefits for you and your dependents
- 4 weeks paid vacation, increasing based on tenure
- 18 weeks paid leave for birth moms
- 8 weeks paid parental leave, including for adoption
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Annual professional and personal development allowance
- Work from home office set-up and expense allowances
- Flexible work location opportunities
- Employer matching toward charitable contributions
No visa sponsorships supported