Salary Range: $76,000 – $110,000 USD
The Senior Industrial Engineer position is responsible for making us Leaner, more efficient, and more profitable while increasing customer service, quality, and associate morale. The position provides functional, technical, or process leadership throughout the organization. The position leads cross-functional teams to successful completion of strategic initiatives within our Customer Fulfillment Centers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and leads large-scale projects and initiatives across all phases of implementation including solution design, financial analysis, business case development, project planning, milestone definition, stakeholder communication, and implementation.
- Provides project management support and leadership to other field industrial engineers on capital projects.
- Provides strategic direction and evaluation on logistics and distribution issues to CFC network. * Works cross-functionally to identify and implement logistics process improvements throughout the CFC network to ensure most effective and efficient logistics processes.
- Identifies and implements new logistics tools, technology/equipment, strategies, and process within CFC network that ensures optimal order filling, receiving, and shipping practices.
- Conducts cross-functional meetings at all levels within the company, including senior management, in support of engineering initiatives.
- Develops and documents “Standard Cost Data” for use in cost analysis to evaluate financial feasibility of potential projects.
- Leads cross-functional teams to identify and implement most effective and efficient logistics process improvements while mitigating risk to associates and operations.
- Presents engineering initiatives to senior management to gain functional and budgetary approvals.
- In depth understanding and working knowledge of material handling equipment.
- Develops and manages capital budget each fiscal year for assigned CFCs.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan, prioritize, and accomplish goals.
- Maintains confidentiality of necessary information.
- Drives our Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of our vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering is required. Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in a distribution environment is required. Experience in multi-million-dollar material handling projects with successful full cycle project management required. Experience in preventative maintenance programs for material handling systems and equipment is required. Extensive experience in developing and justifying capital budgets for logistics networks required. Knowledge of conveyor control systems required.
Computer literacy and proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio, AutoCAD, and Access is required. Excellent data manipulation skills are required.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills are also required. Demonstrated excellence in project management of multi-million-dollar capital projects required. Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
- Certification in Lean, Six Sigma, or related methodologies is a plus.
Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 50% of the time are required.