Salary: $82,000 – $94,000
Senior Revenue Accountant
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
The Revenue Accountant plays a critical role in the company’s accounting areas including the global revenue accounting operations & revenue close processes. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of combined general accounting, revenue operations and commissions experience at a global organization. This position will support the Revenue Manager.
• Execution of the monthly global revenue close, ensuring accurate results are delivered on a timely basis for reporting in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS.
• Perform global revenue and deferred revenue account reconciliations and flux analysis.
• Help lead the implementation of best practices for revenue team counterparts worldwide to scale business and global revenue expansion. Help to develop/refine accounting processes and procedures as related to revenue reporting.
• Support external and internal audit requests related to specific areas of responsibility.
• Work cross-functionally with Global Teams including Finance, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, Billing, AR, IT and other key owners of policies, processes and programs.
• Assist Senior Technical Revenue Accountant with all other responsibilities including but not limited to participating in special projects, system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned.
• Solid analytical skills; a professional who can apply strong analytical skills to improve various aspects of the revenue reporting and reconciliation processes.
• Track record of continuous improvement; an energetic individual who is not satisfied with the status quo and is always focused on the improvement of business processes, reporting, and controls.
• Strong interpersonal skills; a relationship builder with a professional, open and confident style who can build bridges and work effectively across a global organization and who has strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Proactive and self-starting personality; ability to address each task with a sense of urgency, manage multiple responsibilities, and generate a high volume of quality work.
• Ability and inclination to roll up sleeves and dig in. Confidence in own abilities to get things done. Very strong drive, dedication and work ethic.
• Extremely team-oriented with the ability to contribute in a fast-paced environment that is rapidly changing.
• Strong organization and problem-solving skills. Highest level of integrity.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in the field of Accounting.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
• CPA and/or MBA a plus.
• Mix of public accounting and industry experience preferred.
• Ability to work overtime and effectively under tight time constraints as required at peak reporting periods and while major M&A and other key transactions are being executed.
• Strong PC skills including advanced Excel (pivot tables, macros, etc.)
BS degree in Accounting
Public accounting experience
Minimum 3 years of general ledger experience