Salary: $60,000 – $85,000
- Exhibits each of our Service Excellence Behavior Standards holding self and others accountable and role modeling excellence for all to see. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service.
- Meets population specific and all other competencies according to department requirements.
- Promotes a Culture of Safety by adhering to policy, procedures and plans that are in place to prevent workplace injury, violence or adverse outcome to associates and patients.
- Relationship-based Care: Creates a caring and healing environment that keeps the patient and family at the center of care throughout their experience with us following the principles of our interdisciplinary care delivery system.
- (For patient care providers) Provides nursing care, ensures an environment of patient safety, promotes evidence-based practice and quality initiatives and exhibits professionalism in nursing practice within the model of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®.
- Senior Role: Provides supervision for Interventional Radiology in absence of the Manager. Oversees and coordinates nursing care for the patients in the Department of Radiology. Acts as a liaison between Patient Care Services and Interventional Radiology. Manages and directs delivery of patient care, maintaining 24 hour accountability for operations. Ensures work schedules and daily assignments are established. Oversees quality monitoring/improvement for Interventional Radiology. Directs supply ordering process ensuring resource stewardship. identifies and facilitates learning needs within the section.
- Nursing Process: Assesses and evaluates patient care for an assigned group of patients, utilizing evidence-based practice. Collaborates with patient and family to develop and implement a plan of care that includes physical, spiritual, and educational components.
- Communication: accurately communicates to appropriate team members in a timely manner, Keeps patient/family appraised/updated.
- Documentation: documents accurately and completely pertinent assessments, interventions and outcomes for patients in accordance with documentation standards, policies, procedures and or guidelines.
- Delegation: Assumes responsibility and accountability for care provided and documented by other licensed and unlicensed care givers as appropriate.
- Technology: Utilizes appropriately and demonstrates continuous learning.
Other Job Responsibilities
- Assists in the orientation of new staff (nursing, technologists, and patient transporters).
- Evaluates standards of patient care in Radiology Department.
- Functions as a patient advocate.
- Maintains inventory of medication in collaboration with Department of Pharmacy.
- Participates in On-Call coverage as applicable.
- Attends in-service programs and department meetings.
- Follows guidelines for Radiation Safety as outlined in MCHS Radiation Safety Policy Manual.
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
- All other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Education: Graduate from School of Nursing required.
- Licensure / Certification: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio is required. Current CPR certification required, ACLS preferred. Professional Radiology RN certification is preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of 3 years med/surg experience required. A minimum of 2 years in critical care nursing, angiography/interventional or cardiac catherization with progressive management responsibility required.
- Able to perform professional duties with minimal supervision.
- Effective communication skills.
- Evidence of effective leadership and management ability/potential.
- Demonstrates ability to assess, develop and mentor a patient care team.
- Demonstrates a broad knowledge of nursing and the ability to apply new skills and techniques, with ability to make decisions under stress and critical situations.