Base: $120,000.00 - $130,000.00
Reporting to the Director of Operations & Finance, the position supports our fundraising operation through the management of the Development Office’s database and ancillary systems. A critical member of the Development Office’s Operations team, the position overseas the administration of the Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT database and the Luminate Online giving, events, and marketing platform. Additional accountabilities include leading the office business intelligence program, overseeing the office’s records management function, and development of analytical reports and tools. The position manages the Grants Operations Associate. Moreover, she/he is expected to work directly with systems vendors, to lead evaluation and implementation of development systems, and to provide subject matter expertise and systems training to Development staff.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Direct supervision of the Grants Operations Associate, including hiring, training, mentoring, and performance management.
- Comprehensive management of the Raiser’s Edge 7 NXT donor database, including working with Blackbaud on systems updates and refreshes, user accounts management, training, documentation, reporting, etc.
- Develop and implement technology strategic plans that align with the goals and plans of the Development Office
- Manage Development Office IT projects and liaise with vendors and our departments (IT, Compliance, Legal, etc.) to ensure successful and efficient systems rollouts, integrations, and upgrades
- Set and communicate data entry policies, conduct data integrity audits, and perform and/or oversee records management and data cleanup functions to ensure data accuracy
- Keep abreast of and introduce new fundraising technologies, with an eye toward improving operational efficiencies, increasing philanthropy, and/or improving the donor engagement experience
- Provide technical oversight of the Blackbaud Luminate Online CMS
- Oversee Luminate Online direct marketing program, including email list management in accordance with Development Office policies and applicable anti-spam and donor privacy laws
- Lead the office business intelligence program, including reporting queue management, mentoring of staff who have database query responsibilities, development of ad-hoc NXT queries, exports, and reports; dashboard development using business intelligence programs.
- Develop and implement technology training programs for Development staff on current and new applications, to include individual and/or group trainings
- Assess system requirements and provide systems support for a variety of fundraising events
- Occasional evening and weekend hours required in support of fundraising events
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of formal education and experience) required.
At least 7 years of related database and information systems management experience. Staff management experience. Proficiency with business intelligence and database reporting platforms. Development office experience strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience managing an information management operation within a business office
- Extensive experience and proficiency managing Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge 7NXT
- Proficiency with business intelligence platforms like Power BI or Tableau.
- A thorough understanding of SQL database management concepts, including data models, data integrity best practices, business intelligence, etc.
- Experience with Blackbaud Luminate Online, or similar online fundraising platform strongly preferred.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational, time and project management skills, with ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, and to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, a customer service orientation, and comfort working with all levels of the organization
- Strong change management skills
- Experience developing and executing IT training programs
- Experience with direct marketing programs
- Understanding of fundraising concepts (e.g., moves management, gift, grant, and funds administration, etc.) strongly preferred
- Import-O-Matic experience preferred
- Familiarity with data security and privacy regulations (PCI, GDPR, CAN-SPAM, etc.)