Salary Range: $115,000 – $150,000
Sr Consultant, UX Researcher-Innovation
- Summary: This role is a member of the Innovation Team and is a top level contributor focused on innovation/user experience research. with expertise in user experience research methodologies and best practices. The role requires an expertise in user experience research methodologies and best practices and will be responsible for determining the “desirability” of opportunities by engaging, observing, and interviewing users (consumers to businesses to employees).
- They’ll lead the team through the design research process, identifying key user insights and helping the team turn those deep insights into “things” that could be created to meet those needs. They’ll plan the research, execute the research, and lead the debrief of the research. They’ll partner with designers to take their low to high fidelity concepts and get “real” feedback from users, to better understand user needs and whether we’re able to solve those needs.
- Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the research and rapid prototyping of ideas and solutions directly with consumers and customers.
- Helps lead the user driven innovation process (aka “design thinking”), with cross functional team members.
- Core member of the pod, where collaboration with product managers, designers, researchers, technologists, and business leads to the best outcome.
- Clearly define the right problems to solve (“the what”) and ensure we have the right end to end solutions to solve them (“the how”).
- Knowledge: Schooled in “design thinking” or the user centered design process, especially gaining empathy for users and testing prototypes, and having applied it extensively throughout career and hobbies. Working knowledge of user experience design principles and best practices, agile software development process, and prototyping/design.
- Skills/Competencies: Deep expertise and practice of the fundamentals in a number of research methodologies, especially ethnography, contextual inquiries, and rapid prototyping of concepts…and, be able to identify the right methodology given the learning objective. Experience using storyboards, wireframes, rough screen shots or other visual aids for concepting research. Proven moderation skills in observation, interview, and laboratory. Able to analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information and present the results to stakeholders. Relevant research experience with consumer applications in one of the following areas: insurance, financial services and consumer technology. Exemplary ability to build positive, collaborative relationships across teams/groups/functions. Ability to switch easily between different projects, and flexibility to handle a rapidly changing environment while delivering quality results. Ability to understand that failure is part of innovation process, with the ability to prove that we’ve failed, learn and move on. A process mindset, with ability to lead team through the design research process to deliver on time and on quality. Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Strong project management skills, with ability to prioritize and manage multiple, parallel projects to deadline in a fast-paced environment.
- JOB SUMMARY: Top level contributor with expertise in user experience methodologies and best practices . Responsible for the user experience design of the company's digital assets and all other associated experiences. Collaborates with business leaders, project teams, IT leaders, etc. Coordinates internal and external resources to meet businesses and user objectives. Delivers on the implementation of user experience strategy, goals and objectives. This job classification is intended to be used whenever a top level individual contributor role is needed. May specialize in one or multiple design roles such as interaction design, visual design, user research, creative technology, content, user experience strategy or other specialization as the function grows.
- Experience leading research and rapid prototyping
- Design thinking background
- Ethnography research methodology
- Highly collaborative and bias for empathy
- Experience in an Innovation organization
- Corporate research experience
- Relocation: Full
- Reports To: Director User Experience
- Remote work not available
- Travel: Up to 20% of the time
- Visa: Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or a current Green Card holder