Salary: $120,000.00 - $140,000.00 + Bonus
- Direct oversight of Sr. Financial Analysts and Financial Analysts for assigned Region.
- Working with Revenue Cycle, Business Office, and Local Hospital Teams in analyzing and monitoring the valuation of patient accounts receivables and credit balances for all hospitals and physician groups.
- Coordination and collaboration with Managed Care team to price claim sets based on contracts and model financial impact of contract proposals/changes.
- Development, enhancement, and continuous standardization of the AR valuation models and process, assuring proper controls are in place to accurately estimate AR.
- Review net patient revenue estimates against an independent expectation on a monthly basis across all hospitals, in conjunction with patient AR.
- Coordination with hospital Controllers, CFOs, and Business Offices with regards to the patient revenue portion of the annual financial audit.
- Analyzing KPIs to identify trends and opportunities for improvement in internal collection efforts.
- Perform walkthroughs and gap analyses within the revenue cycle process and assist with the preparation of executive presentations to summarize results of findings.
- Assist with the preparation of the consolidated financial statements and related footnote disclosures, with respect to patient revenue related items.
- Identify process improvements to enhance financial reporting.
- Prepare and provide quantitative and analytical support to the Corporate Finance team, with respect to patient revenue related items.
- Develop and coach revenue and reporting team.
- Other related duties and ad hoc projects, as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration with emphasis on accounting.
- Six or more (6+) years of combined revenue cycle analytical experience with hospital systems or in a public accounting setting auditing hospital system.
- Excellent communication skills and an attitude to challenge the status quo.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to prepare financial statements and models.
- Advanced proficiency in Windows Office software and ERP systems (i.e., Lawson, Meditech)
- Superb Excel and basic SQL skills (v-lookups, sumif, sumproduct, indirect, etc.), PowerBI a plus
- Some travel required to local hospital sites.
- Certified Public Accountant
Reports to: Corporate Finance Director (Revenue & Reporting)
Supervision: Sr. Financial Analysts and Financial Analysts on the Revenue & Reporting Team