Compensation: CAN$145,000.00 - CAN$170,000.00
Our UX team is growing and needs an experienced Lead UX Designer and Manager who will thrive in an energetic and agile environment.
For this position, you will help lead our Contact Centre as a Service (CCaaS) portfolio and surrounding experiences. You will be part of the globally based UX/UI team who also provides support for a large ecosystem of digital products.
You'll practice and craft design through teaching, mentoring, and inspiring a highly skilled team of product designers. You will participate in all aspects of projects, from design thinking and design sprints to prototyping and executive playbacks. As a valued member of the team, you are a go-to person, can work collaboratively and serve as an expert in user-centered best practices to people across the organization.
To be successful in this role you will be a collaborative problem solver who is energized by a good challenge. You are empathetic and self-aware, with a history of building successful working relationships. You also have an outstanding portfolio that demonstrates your UX / Interaction design achievements. You are comfortable discussing the business challenges, constraints, and decisions you faced while creating those artifacts.
If you are a candidate who is passionate about user experience and likes to work with a team of like-minded people, this may be the role for you.
- Design and lead our Contact Centre as a Service (CCaaS) portfolio and surrounding user experiences.
- Produce and design conceptual models, scenarios, flow charts, wireframes, prototypes, and visual design artifacts.
- Design and specify user needs using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirement's discovery.
- Inspire, mentor, and lead dedicated UX and UI designers.
- Effectively communicate design decisions to product teams, users, and leadership teams.
- Guide complex features from concept level to production and post-launch evaluation.
- Manage and control multiple projects at the same time.
- Communicate with co-leadership, developers, and management.
- Assisting with in-field research, testing, and support.
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Prepare and present to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Drive alignment and consistency across products.
- Guide and participate in front-end development to ensure the UX design achieves design goals and meets end-user needs.
- Work cross-functionally to be a voice within our design team, facilitate design discussions, and help shape product strategy.
- Advocate for the prioritization of user-centered changes, refinements, and improvements across our products.
- Adopt and help evolve the design system as part of your design process.
- 8+ years of proven application user experience design for a global audience
- 2+ years of experience managing and overseeing people and/or teams.
- Experience working closely with product and engineering teams to champion design at every step.
- Strong knowledge of Agile UX methodologies (Scrum Master experience preferred).
- Experience in Support and/or Call Center business models.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge in Enterprise SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Strong knowledge of accessibility best practices
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Proficient in Figma, Sketch or Adobe CC Suite (Figma is preferred).
- Knowledge of usability and observational studies
- Have an online portfolio showing a mix of UX/UI design experience and results.
- Full-time permanent position.
- Will be communicating with global partner.
- Opportunity to work flexibly and/or remotely.
- Minimal travel required.
- University Degree, College Diploma, Certification in a Design related field or equivalent work experience