Compensation: $350,000 - $450,000
We are currently seeking an experienced “roll-up your sleeves” Executive Leader to significantly expand our business within US Federal Agencies, Commercial Entities and the Public Sector. Our growth strategy includes expanding our federal and commercial contracting vehicles and growing the company’s technology and cybersecurity presence within these marketplaces The candidate will lead Business Development, Sales, Capture Management and Proposal Development activities for the entire company. The individual must have the ability to independently expand our growing business with a depth of expertise into establish and leverage strategic partnerships and OEM relationships; aggressively pursue deals and establish us as the small business ‘Supplier of Choice” for cybersecurity and technology services and solutions. The right candidate has direct personal experience working with the DoD, other Federal Agencies and Large System Integrators and has a proven playbook developed to drive success at all levels of the business development ecosystem.
Reporting directly to the President & CEO, you will be responsible for establishing and leading the business development and sales in all regions providing accurate guidance on sales forecasting, business development, capture and proposal processes, reporting, enablement, and vertical market development. A key driver for success is the ability to lead, hire, coach, develop and manage the appropriate teams, channels and processes to ensure that revenue goals and profitability are achieved or exceeded. You will be expected to effectively communicate with all areas of the company’s departments on trends, competition, challenges, successes, and growth forecast. As much as this is a leadership role, the SVP for Business Development is expected to sell and own the revenue targets, support engagements with customers and enable the sales teams to succeed.
Specific primary duties
As a key member of our Executive Team, the SVP of Business Development will drive the development and execution of a comprehensive business strategy that aligns with our annual growth goals. The position oversees the company’s Business Development, Sales, Capture Management and Proposal Development activities. Specifically:
- Provide leadership and work with the Executive Team to develop a solid growth and strategic plan detailing business development and marketing strategies and tactics for expansion of our services into targeted market segments with primary emphasis on cybersecurity.
- Actively execute/roll-out a results-oriented business development and sales strategy identifying and qualifying opportunities that will support the annual revenue goals and our business objectives.
- Lead all aspects of Business Development, Sales, Capture Management and Proposal Development activities to set and achieve timebound individual and business goals.
- Identify, evaluate, prioritize, and pursue opportunities based on company’s technical competencies and manage the pursuit through the sales life cycle working with the Sales, Capture and Delivery Managers to drive the opportunity to contract award.
- Optimize and scale our lead generation infrastructure and methodology to achieve pipeline and revenue targets.
- Hire, coach, develop and manage the appropriate Team members to ensure that revenue goals and profitability are achieved or exceeded.
- Refine and develop industry specific marketing and sales collateral
- Work closely with other departments to pursue company goals and align with strategic directions.
- Participate in relevant trade shows, industry days, seminars and industry committees to stay abreast of customer strategies, goals, and objectives.
- Actively engage in organizations and networks that align with the company’s Strategic Growth Plan.
- Establish and manage accountability for annual goals and objectives for pipeline, bookings, backlog, and revenue.
- Develop and nurture teaming partnerships, JVs, subcontracting agreements to expand relationships with large and small businesses to pursue revenue generating opportunities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 15+ years business development/marketing/sales experience that includes selling information technology services to the Federal Government and Commercial entities working with larger integration companies.
- At least 5-years at a VP Level leading business development, capture and sales of solutions and services supporting Federal Agencies, Commercial Entities and Prime Contractors.
- Rain Maker: ability to aggressively pursue deals and generate revenue to meet corporate goals.
- Strong and active network of key relationships within US Government Agencies and Fortune 1000 Commercial companies.
- Solid understanding and experience with Government procurement, contracting procedures and funding mechanisms, an advanced knowledge of Federal Government FARs and contracts.
- Must have a successful track record of double-digit growth in revenue with success in Government markets during the past five years.
- Proven consistent track record of delivering $10+ million sales revenue per annum.
- Experience developing strategic national sales channels within vertical markets and managing national sales coordination
- Experience working closely with a national sales team in establishing sales growth strategies and partner development.
- Experience leading, developing, implementing and managing national/global processes, standards, sales enablement, and performance metrics.
- Experience working with customers and developing strategies to influence customer requirements and shape key opportunities.
- Must have experience working with technical teams to develop and evolve win strategies, key offer elements, competitive discriminators and resulting win themes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Functions as a peer with other senior executives, advisory board members, customers and external parties. Comfortable as a spokesperson in a visible industry leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in engineering or computer science); MBA desirable.
- Work location is flexible -- the right person is a priority. Must be able to obtain at minimum a Secret Clearance
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding of information technology and security operations including service desk, desktop and server support, networking, network security, computer operations, and customer service principles.
- Collaborative team player with the flexibility to work in a creative entrepreneurial environment; Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment with strong internal and external networking skills.
- Demonstratable experience selling Cybersecurity solutions and services
- Top Secret Clearance is desirable
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer