Salary: $210,000.00 - $250,000.00 + Bonus
Working independently, strategically, and globally, the Vice President, Global Tax leads tax planning, compliance, accounting and reporting functions, including global income tax and U.S. sales and property tax functions. This principal business purpose of this role is to maximize global profitability and sustainability by minimizing tax liability. This role leads and manages tax support for international finance, tax compliance, and audit. This role works with a supervisor as frequently or infrequently as needed by either. Many non-routine activities may be performed without a supervisor’s approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Plan and coordinate global income taxes, including the U.S., Canada, Australia, and Western European countries.
- Calculate U.S. and international tax provisions in accordance with FAS109 and FIN48.
- Prepare financial statement tax accounts and disclosures.
- Manage domestic and international income tax compliance, documentation and reporting functions.
- Research, evaluate, develop and implement tax strategies to minimize effective tax rates.
- Research, analyze, interpret and apply global tax laws and principles.
- Identify international tax issues and their potential impact to the Company relating to foreign income, Subpart F income, foreign tax credits, foreign sales corporations, extraterritorial income reporting, and transfer pricing.
- Oversee U.S. sales, property, and other tax forecasting, compliance, and reporting.
- Prepare and present board-level and C-level presentations as needed.
- Work closely and collaboratively with senior leaders of all brand divisions and functional departments.
- Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization; adhere consistently with all organizational policies related to our respectful workplace
- Work collaboratively with others within and outside of his or her function to achieve goals, simply processes, reduce costs, prevent loss, and to ensure that work is completed safely, accurately, and on time
- Responsible for adhering consistently with all employment policies as stated in the employee handbook provided or as provided by his or her supervisor
- Model the behaviors expected of all of our leaders including, but not limited to, a drive for results, with a demonstrable bias for action; high levels of emotional intelligence, maturity, and professionalism; giving, receiving and responding to feedback effectively; a consistently high service orientation; and demonstrable commitments to diversity, inclusion, a respectful workplace, and integrity
- Drive outstanding business results through traditional management functions including, but not limited to, sourcing and selecting talent, coaching and development, workforce and project scheduling, performance assessment, and general talent planning
- Emotional Intelligence — Leveraging high levels of self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management, the capacity to manage behavior, navigate social complexities and make personal decisions to achieve positive results
- Navigating Complexity — Proactively and quickly making sense of complex issues; responding effectively to complex and ambiguous situations; communicating complicated information simply
- Global Business Acumen — Identifying and leveraging global business trends, especially in rapidly changing, complex regulatory environments that affect the organization’s sustainable profitability
- Building Strategic Trusting Relationship — Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Master of Science or Master of Business Administration, and a CPA required; additional work experience may be accepted as a substitution for educational requirements
- 10+ years of U.S. and international income tax experience required; Retail or multi-location tax experience preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Expert understanding of all relevant U.S. and international tax regulations
- Expert ability to operate at both the strategic and operational level
- Expert ability to organize, prioritize, and control job responsibilities
- Flexible to adapt to changing priorities
- Work with minimal supervision, meeting deadlines
- Communicate effectively with management, coworkers, and international staff
- Expert ability to research, analyze, interpret, and apply U.S. and international tax laws and principles
- Expert ability to identify emerging tax issues and potential impact to the Company
- Expert ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and change in priorities
- Expert communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Expert understanding of all talent functions: sourcing, development, engagement, and retention
- Expert understanding of performance management and improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
- Ability to work collaboratively with others; conduct working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient ability to remain effective under stress, and respond to pressure in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Demonstrated ability to model customer-focused behaviors leading to outstanding customer experiences
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to our policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
10+ years of U.S. and international income tax experience required
Master of Science or Master of Business Administration
CPA is required